Percy Ivor Limited
Percy Ivor Limited (“Percy Ivor”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our general terms and conditions of sale (the “Terms”) and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.percyivor.co.uk (the “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you do not understand this policy, or do not accept any part of it, then you should not use the website.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) we are the data controller and we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Act).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is James Purnell.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our mailing list, place an order and/or make payment on the Website, enter measurements in relation to orders for made-to-measure items, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal measurements.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, geographical location the device used to access the Website, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We will not retain a record of that correspondence for longer than is reasonably necessary.
When you use the Website, certain information may be stored locally on your device using 'cookies' or similar technologies. A cookie is a small text file used to store limited information about the user of the device. They help us to identify how our users use the Website and so that we can continuously evolve and improve it.
Cookies do this by storing information about your preferences on your device, including the device model, manufacturer, screen resolution, device capabilities, service provider and country.
We access this information when you use the Website for reporting and analytics purposes.
- Analytics Cookie:
- What it does: This cookie collects information that is used in aggregate, anonymised form to help us understand how the Service is being used and to enhance the performance of the Service.
- Who serves it: Google Analytics
- Expiry: This cookie may last for a period of up to 2 years
- Functionality Cookie:
- What it does: This cookie registers information to help you use our site and for us to maintain and take orders from the site.
- Who serves it: Shopify
- Expiry: This cookie may last for up to two weeks
- Opt out: You can restrict, block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings but that may mean that you won’t be able to add and buy products from our store.
- Payment Cookie
- What it does: This cookie registers information to help pay for any purchases
- Who serves it: Paypal
- Expiry: This cookie may last for up to two weeks
- Newsletter Cookie
- What it does: This cookie registers information to sign you up to our newsletter if you decide to do so.
- Who serves it: Mailchimp
- Expiry: This cookie may last for up to four weeks
- Opt out: You are asked if you wish to sign up, your email is not otherwise added to the database and no info is taken. To unsubscribe once you have signed up please email email@example.com
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do not register for our mailing list, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- to notify you about changes to our website and/or service;
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Percy Ivor or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Percy Ivor, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.